Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to redo the interior for my '86 Camaro, I've found everything I need for it except for the plastic moldings that go around the entire car. Basicly anything the edges of the carpet slide behind. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find these moldings in new condition, since used interior parts normally have scrapes, gashes, dents, etc., as mine do, which is why I want to replace them. Thanks.

·
banned
1,083 Posts
Umm I remember finding some a while ago..... I can tell you this much they are expensive.. although if your aren't too badly damaged there is paints out there that are good for spraying plastics and vynals... they are really thick paints too so they tend to hide these kinds of flaws in the underlying material... just a thought... Oh yeah and if you try it do you wanna give me a shout and tell me how it went... I'm thinkin of doing this to mine..

p.s. you may wanna try it on the underside of the plastic first to make sure it doesn't look crappy

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Already had a quote for the rest of the interior for about $1,500. And if you're telling me the plastic parts are expensive I'll look for a good paint/dye to use and let you know how it went.

Any tips for fixing the T-Top leak that hurt my current interior? Was thinking of stripping the old sealant off and putting some black silicone in there with the old weather stripping, since it isnt damaged much at all.

·
banned
1,083 Posts
I think the best way to fix the t-top thing is shell out the money for new weatherstripping... it is expensive cuz it is all one piece but it will save you the trouble... also look around... there are alot of smashed up camaros that you can pull those kinds of parts off of....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts