Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a set of 2.02 and 1.60 vortec heads. I'm replacing a set of 58cc vortec heads having trouble with pinging. I have a comp. 268 extreme cam in my motor now. I'm wanting to replace my camshaft to. I have Model A with 350 H.O. stock except for heads and camshaft. The transmission is 700r and have 411 gears.The heads were up graded with 550 lift springs and screw in studs and guides. I'm looking at comp 280H or 286H camshaft.I have a 2400 stall. I wanting the roughest idle and not have to big a cam. Most of the cams recommend for vortec heads on the board were for heavy car or trucks. I should have listen to ya'll and left my heads at 9.1. Duration on both cams 236/236. Thanks, Leon

·
Registered
570 Posts
Take a hard look at the xe284h competition cams one,its a split duration one,I think it would suit your needs nicely if a flat tappet hydraulic is what your after.

It is part #12-250-3,it is.507/.510 lift 284/296 dur,it should be a perfect match I think,run a search on the pn and see if you can find some dyno numbers.

Im talkin advertised duration by the way,Im sure you know that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rifraf, Thanks for the reply. I have looked at comp. 12-250-3 camshaft and I like it best. Hope I don't loose much on bottom end. You should be on Comp. payroll. Thanks, again Leon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts