Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here's something to chew on for a while. I have looked up every combination of the following numbers found on this mystery cam I have and can't get a lead on any of them. The cam was pulled by my apprentice and she didn't keep the lifters - so - I know not if it were a solid lift cam or not She also pulled the roller rockers and didn't notice any "adjustment". So, with that said - here are the numbers - I'll put all of them on here, the "CWC" I know what that means - but the rest of the numbers - I don't know. So, please - someone clue me in.

CWC 1582 - these were on the camshaft between the lobes
11-49-99 - these were on the end of the camshaft
SP - these letters looked like they were put on with an etcher
951530 - these numbers were on the end of the camshaft
5464 - these were also on the end of the camshaft

I have measured (and calculated ) the lift at approx. .570 Intake and .555 Exhaust, but the cam is worn a little I would presume.

Does anyone have any input? Is it a solid lift cam? And, if possible, the specs? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, the cam came out of a 350. I know it is a flat tappet cam. Not a roller.
The cam shows minimum wear on the lobes - the lobes all check similar.
I did not hear the engine run - a good question, but this engine came to me as a builder.
The numbers on the butt end of the cam are all that I find. Google searches would have picked up on partial strings of numbers - so, I'm pretty sure that this cam is an older grind.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to everything you said - I have had good luck with new lifters and used cams. This one is a big lift cam and I just wanted to find out if it were a solid lift or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CWC lead may be what I'm going to follow up on - I also did exhaustive google searches to find any clues - but, didn't have any at all - same as you. I appreciate anyone's help on this - it's not a big deal if I don't use the cam somewhere - more of a curiosity thing.
The lift was calculated using lobe lift multiplied by the rocker ratio of 1.5.
I appreciate all that have viewed and thought about the mystery. I'm good with following up with some cam manufacturers to see if they have any info. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the main reasons that I posted this mystery is just that - I could not find ANY information other that a couple of posts about CWC and who they are, the cams that are made by them for everyone under the sun, and a slight lead on the set of numbers ending in -99. I'm sending some contact emails to Comp, Crower, Isky, etc. to see if they can help (or even respond).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts