Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I would have to say that competition cams hands down have the best grinds on the market today. Isky, crane, erson, lunati, and others are falling way behind because they are still using 30 year old grinds. There is only one problem with comp, though. Lately my self and fellow racers have had problems with their hydraulic and solid flat tappets (chevrolet, ford and chrysler). Their cams seem to be going flat with the recomended spring pressure and no matter what style lifter is being used. What I do myself now is if I want a comp grind, I just call Howards cams, ultradyne, or Cam motion and tell them the specs of the grind i want. Even with the custom ground cam, they are still cheaper then comp.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Welcome. Being new to the site, you need to be sure to read the "Read Me' posts at the beginning of each forum. The ones here for example recommend that you just post a general introduction here and post tech questions and comments in the appropriate tech forum, "Engine" in this case. This will give your comment the best exposure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.