Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:
First, i meant 5 pin module to 4 pin module; The 5 pin is for the "ESC" distributors which is just spark retard when knock is detected. This is NOT the CCC distributor----which is the 7 pin module.

Second, i think i found the answer----you can put a 4 pin module in place of a 5 pin, but the hole in the distributor where the extra ESC wiring would normally exit out of the distributor should be plugged.

·
Registered
155 Posts
UPDATE:
First, i meant 5 pin module to 4 pin module; The 5 pin is for the "ESC" distributors which is just spark retard when knock is detected. This is NOT the CCC distributor----which is the 7 pin module.

Second, i think i found the answer----you can put a 4 pin module in place of a 5 pin, but the hole in the distributor where the extra ESC wiring would normally exit out of the distributor should be plugged.
As long as the gearing is the same and most of the bolt holes line up it will work, if holes are plugged, water is not your friend we have killed our Suzuki Sidekick a few times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.