Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am painting my vette deep ruby red,base clear, i want to put a flame on it but i dont want them to stand out like a sore thumb.if i apply the base coat and then mix a tad of black to the red base and mist in the flames let dry and topcoat???
i am guessing at this as i just mastered a two tone paint job (novice that can paint)and have never seen let alone applied ghost flames, any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor
167 Posts
You could do it that way, or just add some pearl to some clear and spray your flames, then c/c the whole car.

Check out this linkHere!

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: CustomChrome ]</p>

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Well there are a couple of different ways to do them. I just did my first set and I will share my experience. I found you can do it with candy paints which is actually called ghost flames, or you can use pearls or tinted base for what are called phantom flames.

I did the phantom flames. I did a purple base and used red and blue pearls for the flames. It is just like you said, except I mixed pearl with clear and dusted the flames on. I used red for the body and blue for the tips. It was not that difficult, but you do need to practice figure out how much pearl it takes.
Here is a link to some pics. Go to My First Album.

Chris

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts