Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father recently passed away and I am going through his Rod stuff. Came across this motor. He had planned to restore a 1929 model A ford he purchased years back. Is this a ford motor? I looked for identifying numbers but was unable to locate any.If there is anyone out there who knows what it is and approximate value I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Ford A or B. BIG 4-cylinder, has a 201 ci displacement.

There should be a number right above the water outlet on the passenger side of the block if it was a production automotive engine. If it was a service replacement or an industrial engine there might be no numbers, or different numbers than used for automotive apps.

The model A numbers started w/either A or a combo of A and F. The B started w/A and B, or just B. Canadian engines started w/C followed by A or B.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
Looks like the engine out of a Ford 2N. Could be for the A though, measure the bore with a tape measure to get a rough idea, it could also not be a Ford at all and some other 4 cylinder flat head.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
value

The value depends on how complete the engine is and how much work-parts are needed to get it in good running condition.If just cleaning, scuffing the cylinder walls and new gaskets, it would be worth more than one that needs new babbet bearings, rebored , new pistons, rings, valves and guides etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts