Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
most stalls r smaller than stock around 10 or 11 in diameter,, it may not b a stall at all could b u just have a lockup,, but you can allway,s call a trans shop with the casting number,s thay should be abel to tell you more about it,,

·
Registered
761 Posts
most stalls r smaller than stock around 10 or 11 in diameter,, it may not b a stall at all could b u just have a lockup,, but you can allway,s call a trans shop with the casting number,s thay should be abel to tell you more about it,,
I have owned tens of thousands of converters in my life and the only ones that I have ever seen with casting numbers are the old 2-speed Honda converters and a few of the old Cruisomatic converters.

Transmission shops generally have no clue how to identify converters beyond what they generally fit, and even then they are sometimes at a total loss.

From what little information I have been able to glean from converters I have owned, all TH350C converters are the same. Granted, that may be incorrect as I am not an expert on IDing converters even though I have owned so many in my life.

If positive ID is needed, the only place the MIGHT be able to help is your local torque converter rebuilder.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I got this tc with a turbo 350 tranny, it measures 12 inches, Im new to all this and am wondering what it is as far as stall. any help is appreciated. thanks!
Like mmerlinn said, it is a TH250C/350C converter. The tranny it goes to will have an electrical connector on the driver side of the case near the shift linkage.

If it is stock it will flash to about 1800 rpm (or maybe a little more- they tend to be a bit looser than non-lock up torque converters in my experience) behind a street/mild sbc 350.

It will drop about 200-225 rpm when it locks up going down the road in high gear @ 50 mph (at least that's what mine does).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.