Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently encountered a problem with my truck that requires having to take the passenger side head off, and i was wondering if it could be a simple remove and replace without having to worry about adjusting the valves because in fact it is only one side and not both. what had happened was i was repairing a broken exhaust manifold bolt that was stuck in the block and managed to rupture a water jacket in the mean time. something so simple has become very irritating to me and i dont want to have to do any more tan i have to to repaire this as i need to have it up and running asap. any ideas or suggestions that might not require having me to take my truck any further apart would be great. i did talk to a few machine shops and they had in fact told me that this does happen and i wasnt the first that this has haunted. besides im not that confident with valve lash.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You'll Have to adjust the valves on the side you take off,..... At a Minimum.....
Cause,.... If you don't back off the Rockers,....
You'll Never get the Head back on........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks F-Bird 88

Hey, I just wanted to thank F-Bird 88 for the advice he gave me on my manifold problem. Even though I am more confident, I am still in the works of getting the job done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.