Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04' truck with the NVG-149 Transfer Case. This is a full-time 4wd transfer case, but I am not very happy with it. I would like to replace it with a manually selectable unit, (whether by a shifter or electronic) so that I will have 4-lo, 4-hi, etc. Does anyone know of a good case for this application? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive been researching, and it seems that the NVG263HD would be the best choice. Now the problem becomes figuring out the differences, if there are any, in the mating of this case to my existing 4L60-E. Can anyone shed some light on whether this would be a basic swap, or whether I will need new driveshafts. Also, what about the electronic control of the case? can this be accomplished with basic wiring, or is there a complicated ECU to go with it?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Only installation or accurate measurements will determine if the driveshafts will fit, and if the case will simply bolt to your existing transmission without changing anything, unless you can get a "GOOD" parts counter man to look up the parts for you to see if it is a simple swap.

I would say there may be more to it than simply hooking up a wire for the activation of the shift solenoid, if the truck (most likely it is) is equipped with antilock brakes, something has to de-activate them when the shifter is in either the 4 high, or 4 low position. Maybe a PCM flash at the dealer can be done to make the change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
<<I have an 04' truck with the NVG-149 Transfer Case. This is a full-time 4wd transfer case, but I am not very happy with it. I would like to replace it with a manually selectable unit, (whether by a shifter or electronic) so that I will have 4-lo, 4-hi, etc. Does anyone know of a good case for this application? Thanks.>>

Kickinit,

If you decide to swap transfer cases let me know. I would be interested in the NVG 149.

Darius

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.