1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,906 Posts
A little bit of facelift and that truck could look good. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,397 Posts
Now, you are talking..............Old Trucks are great,..........What's been done to it? It's been lowered, does it have a clip or M11 front end or something?

Or, is that picture photoshopped?

Of course, it will need a SB Chevy..................Kidding, put whatever suits you in it, almost anything should fit in there.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
how about grafting the parts from a Studebaker Larke into that front end. seen it on F100's a couple times, they have a simmilar shape to the front.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So, what you're saying is that you now own something relatively unusual or unique in the world of rodding today and you would rather modify it to look like all the other guy's rides?? That's not what you're saying, is it?
You have a good start on the old 'binder, step back, think about it, look again, think some more, and get to work. Make YOUR RIDE...YOUR RIDE! Not what you think some other joker would want YOU to have. C'mon, make your own way, get off the copycat train.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id like to shorten the bed, slam it, no fenders or hood, and go with a similar grill. i wonder how that would look? is the cab to big?

·
Registered
28 Posts
your teuck

I think you could make that international into a super neat truck with a little work and it won.t be something that every one els has. Looks like you have a good start already so why change.

Dave 377

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want that ford look of that truck, i just paid next to nothin for the truck. i have a 318, 4 speed, and primer black paint.

·
Administrator
18,397 Posts
I love the look of the 55 Binders....my dad had a panel when I was about 14, but he traded it for a 68 Chevy van................I wanted the panel, but no such luck.

I think you should leave the body of that truck stock and concentrate on the drivetrain/suspension............just my opinion, and I know you think highly of that....... :D :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
JMHO
I got to say to each there own, myself I would love to have the International I see great potental in it and everyone has fords, you have a special truck and you can make it great but please don't make it a ford. If you want a ford sell it and buy one.

30dee :confused:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Nothing ugly about an international truck at all. I kinda would like to get a kb model myself. Of course parts probably ain't gonna grow on trees.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
30desoto said:
JMHO
I got to say to each there own, myself I would love to have the International I see great potental in it and everyone has fords, you have a special truck and you can make it great but please don't make it a ford. If you want a ford sell it and buy one.

30dee :confused:
My thoughts exactly. :D

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
Are you kidding, that truck is KOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL the way it is!! I wouldn't build another cookie cutter fenderless rat rod, I would finish it way it is.

Brian

·
Registered
244 Posts
You have the makings there of an eyecatcher. A not too common truck. A 318 w/4speed. What no sbc with a 700r. Like said above. Why try to make something unique when you already have it. JMO of course its your truck. But you did ask. :thumbup: Good luck and cheers!!!

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
All those Chevy and Fords out there, dare to be a bit different.

I am not sure how many of those old Internationals actually spent any time on paved roads, but it looks like that one has.

I don't thinkl there are many left anywhere in the shape that appears to be, Hate to see it butchered into a RR :pain:

Those old Internationals rate right up there with the Hudson pick-ups.
Never see em-----be a shame to destroy a 'survivor'. Literally.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I'd pie cut the hood to drop the nose down some, then slam the front a little lower, shorten the box for good proportion and keep it all IH, the 318/4speed would be a good drivetrain. Is the 4 speed a 3+overdrive version? I'd check the rear gear ratio and see if it's compatible or look for a later model donor rearend. The roof looks almost chopped already. I did a body resto on one of those trucks in body shop school years ago, painted it john deer green :D

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
LOL, that would be perfect, a hot rod corn binder painted John Deere green!! I love it!

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts