Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What?!?!?!?

What´s wrong with caps? I´m not yelling at anyone!!!
Is better this way?
By the way, what do you think about this?
I have a 47 chevy coupe with a 350 v8 and th 350. Also i have a 64 3 speed o.d. transmission from a 64 impala. I´m planning to make an adapter to put the o.d. unit (not all the manual trans) behind the automatic, like a Gear Vendors O.D.
Because lathe and mill works aren´t cheap down here in sout america i like to listen to the experts before make it.
I think it will work but I don´t know if they will survive much time behind a 350.
:pain:

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Bad idea

It's going to be a big job, to convert the O/D, to an add on affair.
It will make for a looooong tranny, and a short drive shaft. If the O/D is not supported, chances are you will break the back out of your TH350 case.

Above all, You cannot run the it in O/D, when you are in reverse. There is a roller clutch inside, that lets the output speed exceed the input speed. Running it backward will cause catastrophic failure.

It would be handy in a light car, but I wouldn't put it in a big one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, but.....

The od have their own suport, so I only have to make another trans support in the frame. Ther´s no problem with the driveshaft (3 foot long) because of the very short suspension travel.
Locking out the overdrive eliminates the reverse problem; I only plan to use it for hi speed cruising. My only doubt is about the ring that locks the od when it´s disengaged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is cheap here but is dificult to find it. I own 3 camaros 1 is my favorite 71ss blue with good parts in the engine it runs 11s on the street, the other two are a black 68, and one yellow 69 that is out for back half, i forgot a black 93 camaro but is 6 cylinders, i will send the pictures of all. Bye.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok 71SS. Thanks for the reply.Eventhough our countries are neighbors we know very little of each other.Here in Brasil we hear that fuel is not expensive in VZ and for this reason many V8 american cars were sold there.How far in hours of driving your city is from the border with Brasil?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am about 1 hour from Ciudad Bolivar, from Ciudad Bolivar to San Pablo are about 10 hours, is not much far from brazil. Here the premium fuel cost 80 bolivares per liter, this is about 25 cents of dollar per liter. Good bye.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
killerformula said:
hmmm....

glaub ich dass er 'was auf Spanisch gesagt hast.... was fuer ein Arschloch.... und was fuer eine Scheiss Sprache-

K:p
Englisch ist eine Scheiss-sprache man. Marcelo ist ein guter Kerl:thumbup:

Hey Marcelo, cada vez que tomas una parte automotiva que no era diseñada para cooperar con otra parte y tratas de juntar los dos, vas a tener problemas.
Perdoname por mi español horrible.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.