Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is for the older guys out there......

I seen this movie when I was a kid and if I remember it was really good.

There was like 4 or 5 kids all had hotrods. They like ruled the town.
It started off with them dumping concrete in a swimming pool.
They all had like 57 chevy , maybe 69 firebird, ect..... Old school hot rods.
this new guy moved in town with his family and was not going to put up with them.
I know one sceen they took his dog (big dog) and was playing keep away with his ball or something. One of the guys came flying around the corner and killed it with his car.
They left it on his porch.

Flash to the ending...... The kids threw a brick threw his window and hit the maid in the face and hurt her real bad. He took vengance and one car he poured paint and I guess paint remover on his car because the paint was bubbleing...... Another car he put a rag in the gas tank and blew it up. Cant remember what he did to the other ones.

I would really like to know what movie this was been looking for it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Sounds like one of those lame teenage hoodlums being bullies movies that just happen to have some cars in it.

try wandering around in the browse section of the IMDB.

I have found this to be an invaluable resource when watching and discussing those old , and not so old movies.

here is a link
http://www.imdb.com/Browse/findtitles

have fun,
Mikey

BTW, You are not very specific as to whan this movie came out of even when "you were a kid" :rolleyes: so we really have no way of narrowing down a time period.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
pasadenahotrod said:
57 Chevy, 69 Firebird...old school hotrods??? I don't think so.
Frame of reference. To me an old school hotrod is a chanelled 1929 Model A coupe with a full-house flatty and quick change rear in the back.
To some a new-school hot rod is an 06 mustang with a blower kit, and therefore a '69 Firebird would be pretty old school.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Great links, malc :thumbup:

Oh man that was some funny reading that hotrod top 40 movie page.

i was bored with the HRBB the other night so I turned on TV at the exact moment when this movie came on.http://www.thevideobeat.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=533

jack nicholson in a movie almost as bad as when he was a dentist in little shop of horrors...

mikey

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
Yea.. it sounds like most of the car movies made at one time. All the car guys were borderline lunatics....so "realistic",LOL. Jack Nicholson's role in that Hell's Angel Movie kind of parallels his role in Easy Rider...however he must have gone to school between the 2, he was an attorney in Easy Rider :mwink: . I think most "Hot Rod" oriented movies always had the car guys as the "villains" until probably American Graffiti. I liked it because I lived in Southern California in the era it was taking place, and it seemed more realistic than any of the others as far as representing that the car culture is a cross section of society and not just renegades.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
More than likely it was made in the 70s................Hot Rods and stupidness seemed to mesh in those years....with few exeptions.

As for "Old Skool" and "New School"........................Cars dont go to school. I am getting sick of this..."Old SKOOL"..."Kustom"..."Rat Rod"......Crap...What a load.

I guess I am turning into my parents.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
poncho62 said:
As for "Old Skool" and "New School"........................Cars dont go to school. I am getting sick of this..."Old SKOOL"..."Kustom"..."Rat Rod"......Crap...What a load.

I guess I am turning into my parents.
Agreed, some of the most overused terms in rodding. As far as my parents go, I am much ornier than they ever tried to be.... :D I am them X 2.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
dinger said:
Agreed, some of the most overused terms in rodding. As far as my parents go, I am much ornier than they ever tried to be.... :D I am them X 2.
Actually, you are right....my dad was much "Hipper" than me.............Or is it "More Hip"...he would do anything....Guess I learned from his mistakes......

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
poncho62 said:
More than likely it was made in the 70s................Hot Rods and stupidness seemed to mesh in those years....with few exeptions.
Maybe you weren't into cars as early as some of us, but from your listed age I would have thought you were familiar with the 50s and 60s movies that NEVER portrayed Hot Rodders in any positive note. We were always out to destroy your town and deflower you sweet young daughter, well maybe the last part :D . Even the Henry Felson books that I read as a kid always had a kind of "Good hardworking kid" gone bad and killed or killing someone else in the car they worked so hard to build. The books were mainly about the acquisition and reconditioning of a young guys dream car, but most had a "black" finale.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Talking about the movies that were made....................you are right though...we have always been thought of as a bad bunch.

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
woodz428 said:
Maybe you weren't into cars as early as some of us, but from your listed age I would have thought you were familiar with the 50s and 60s movies that NEVER portrayed Hot Rodders in any positive note. We were always out to destroy your town and deflower you sweet young daughter, well maybe the last part :D
Yup.
Juvenile Delinquent, Bad Girl, and Hot Rod is lumped into one category.

And yeah ... chicks dig "shiny car parts" and loud mufflers. :)

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
The term I hate is the "dizzy", except when used by our Brit or Australian members.

Excuse me, I have to go clean my wind screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gicts said:
Ok this is for the older guys out there......

I seen this movie when I was a kid and if I remember it was really good.

There was like 4 or 5 kids all had hotrods. They like ruled the town.
It started off with them dumping concrete in a swimming pool.
They all had like 57 chevy , maybe 69 firebird, ect..... Old school hot rods.
this new guy moved in town with his family and was not going to put up with them.
I know one sceen they took his dog (big dog) and was playing keep away with his ball or something. One of the guys came flying around the corner and killed it with his car.
They left it on his porch.

Flash to the ending...... The kids threw a brick threw his window and hit the maid in the face and hurt her real bad. He took vengance and one car he poured paint and I guess paint remover on his car because the paint was bubbleing...... Another car he put a rag in the gas tank and blew it up. Cant remember what he did to the other ones.

I would really like to know what movie this was been looking for it for a long time.
I think you're looking for the 1973 movie called Outrage

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070497/#comment

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
MI2600 said:
The term I hate is the "dizzy", except when used by our Brit or Australian members.

Excuse me, I have to go clean my wind screen.
Maybe have a look under the bonnet, and clean out the boot while you're at it. :D

(Bonnet = Hood, Boot = Trunk)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And.........
Wing = Fender
Sill = Rocker Panel
Bulkhead = Firewall
Gearbox = Transmission
Prop Shaft = Driveshaft
Valve Covers = Rocker Covers
Side Valve = Flathead

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
When I was at Gm in the UK we had many Americans there,
one apparently told his secretary (English) to get off her fanny and work.
Fanny in english ain´t a lady´s bottom.
Upset she was :evil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts