Afb 625cfm

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
do you think you could try it with a 750 CFM carb

Something is limiting it I rember hotrod did one with the same heads same intake and the cam was only slightly meaner then mine and it had 350Hp and 420 pounds of torque for mine to be down nearly 50 pounds of torque and it being at a higher rpm is scarey

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
dont believe every thing you read in a magazine first off. secondly, camel backs , although not bad...arent so great.

·
CLICK ON MY AVATAR
321 Posts
Is there a specific reason you want to use those heads?You need some darts or afr's to make that 383 scream.bm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the effort But you must have done something wrong someone on another board just told me
332HP at 4500 rpm and 421 ftlbs of torque at 3500
which seems alot more on track

thank you though

And the reason I am running those heads is because I have them If I decide to go with new heads I will definately go for a set of darts

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
I ran almost your setup but used a 600 Edl & a Comp 280 with nice rockers.

411 [email protected]
336 HP @4700

You might ask on the other board which carb and cam they actually used.

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,783 Posts
There will be differences between programs as well, so find out exactly which program and version is being used. You can expect a 10% deviation from what the program shows, usually minus because the programs don't take climate and elevation into account, but I have seen a couple combos that came out up to 5% above the estimate. The important thing to remember is dyno programs are just estimates based on known performance parameters. They can't take everything into account.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Desktop Dyno 2000
I don't know what the heads specified flow at, so I chose "wedge, pocket porting" with the valve sizes provided.
cam had duration specified, 108 degree lobe center, "auto select" valve lift. as$uming "large tube headers with mufflers" for exhaust. Regardless, here's my specs.

625cfm
HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]

750cfm
HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]

·
Mr. Excessive
32 Posts
Accuracy?

"Thanks for the effort But you must have done something wrong someone on another board just told me
332HP at 4500 rpm and 421 ftlbs of torque at 3500
which seems alot more on track

thank you though"

And who's to say the 'someone' on another board is accurate? :boxing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts