Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Qjet, but I wondered if anyone had an Edelbrock carb they could measure for me. I need to know how tall it is from the mount flange to the air cleaner.

Multiple responses are great since the 600 might be different from the 750 or the AVS series...

Not overall height, but from the intake up to where the air cleaner sits. like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Both of my Carter AFB's, one a 625 CFM, the other a 750 CFM, measure 3 and 1/4 inches from the manifold mounting surface to the air cleaner mounting surface.

Dale

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Edelbrock 1406 600 CFM measures 3.27". Just about any drop base air cleaner will not clear the choke housing so if you use one you will need a spacer to raise the air cleaner. The Eldebrock is a square flange carb so if you're replaceing a Q-jet you need an adapter.

·
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will H said:
The Eldebrock is a square flange carb so if you're replaceing a Q-jet you need an adapter.
Thanks for the heads up, but my intake is drilled for both patterns.

Ok, so it looks like all Edelbrock/Carter AFB types are right around 3.25" I need to assemble one of my Qjets and measure it. Thanks very much. I'm assembling a Vortec 355 for a boat and cowl clearance is an issue, so any advantage I can get is great. I have a stock GM aluminum vortec intake, an edelbrock performer intake, and an RPM air gap intake so I'll have to see which one ends up fitting under the deck.

·
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Animal said:
My Edlebrock measures 3" tall from the bottom of the base to the top.
Ooh.. I just caught this one... what kind of Edelbrock do you have?

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Carb Measurement

I have an Edlebrock 650. It came brand new with the motor on an Edlebrock performer mainfold for a SBC with 427 hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts