Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Yes in most cases it can be done , But sometimes it is a process it may take some time. I bought a mustang in Missouri an it took me 6 mos to get a title all he had was a bill of sale that don't work where i live so we went through a process and got it done. Cole

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
NOT Necessarily. The state of affairs in the State of Michigan at present are such that. A person can file for a lost title and get a title on the spot. All you need is a vin number. Only works on old cars. You need a Michigan addy. Less than $2500.00 in stated value.

Previously you needed to have a police officer verify VIN an a TR green sheet. NOW, with the drastic budget cuts, the police VIN verify has been dropped.

I haven't done it yet, but have several friends that have.

·
Ask me about Ethanol
155 Posts
NOT Necessarily. The state of affairs in the State of Michigan at present are such that. A person can file for a lost title and get a title on the spot. All you need is a vin number. Only works on old cars. You need a Michigan addy. Less than $2500.00 in stated value.

Previously you needed to have a police officer verify VIN an a TR green sheet. NOW, with the drastic budget cuts, the police VIN verify has been dropped.

I haven't done it yet, but have several friends that have.
Thats what they told me at the Sec State. Doesnt take much, and I really need to do it for one I have sitting here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.