Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have front bucket seats that need new buns and covers. I would like to buy OEM replacements if possible, since custom duplication is out of my budget. I looked for numbers & other things to get a clue. I found "Elyria" on 2 pieces of plastic trim. Maybe there is/was a manufacturer in Elyria? I took a bunch of pictures in hope that someone might recognize the seat. It's the passenger seat. It could have been reupholstered because the rear seat, door panels and headliner all have the same materials. Any help is much appreciated.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car seat cover Head restraint Chair
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Product Hood Automotive design
Musical instrument Textile Wood Chair Musical instrument accessory
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Automotive tire Textile Sleeve Finger Bicycle tire
Wood Musical instrument Tape measure Yellow Rectangle
Comfort Window Armrest Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive design Vehicle door Tints and shades Wood Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those seats are from a mid-80's Chevrolet Cavalier.
"Elyria" was the Fisher Body plant that molded the seat foam.
Here's a photo of a 1985 Cavalier convertible; note the recliner cover and handle are i
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car seat cover
dentical to yours, as well as the headrest contours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those seats are from a mid-80's Chevrolet Cavalier.
"Elyria" was the Fisher Body plant that molded the seat foam.
Here's a photo of a 1985 Cavalier convertible; note the recliner cover and handle are i View attachment 615948 dentical to yours, as well as the headrest contours.
GREAT Information!! Thank you! I searched numbers from the trim parts and found some information that indicated 79-87 GM, maybe Camaro, etc., so this helps confirm. None of the seat images I found have fabric close to mine, so that tells me the seats have been re-upholstered with non-OEM. Thanks again for your efforts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
GREAT Information!! Thank you! I searched numbers from the trim parts and found some information that indicated 79-87 GM, maybe Camaro, etc., so this helps confirm. None of the seat images I found have fabric close to mine, so that tells me the seats have been re-upholstered with non-OEM. Thanks again for your efforts.
Yes, the seat frame might also have been common to the Pontiac Sunbird and the base Camaro, also possibly common with Grand Am/Skylark/Calais of the same vintage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the responses. I found several images of similar seats, none with the same upholstery, so I believe they were re-covered. I'll be saving pennies for a custom re-do :cautious:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.