Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Cragar wheels came on my 32 truck.

Based on the truck's history, I am guessing they were purchased in the mid to late 1980's.

I think they look like SST's or Super Tricks, but I can't find any pictures that exactly match these.

I expect to replace them eventually, but in the meantime I would like to know what they are.

Anyone recognize them?

They have an aluminum center and a steel outer rim.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup those are Cragar wheels from the mid to late 80's. I had a set on my S10 that it came with when I bought it used. Their very very rare rims.... very hard to find. You have the third set I've ever seen, including my old ones.
Interesting your center cap is alum. as mine were chrome plated plastic.
I dont remember what the model of them is, as I only found one piece of photocopied literature on the web about them, and wow... that was over 10 years ago.
Let me know if you ever plan on selling them, I'd like another pair/set.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, guys!
I don't remember these wheels from the 80's; guess I wasn't paying attention back then.

Was able to find a 2007 post on another forum that indicates these were made from 1984 to 1994.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those look like centerline wheels..

cragar's would gave a steel hoop..

a lot of guys with Indy fieros run them as they look like the Pace car wheels..
Yes, these do have a steel outer rim.
The center caps are chrome-plated plastic and have the Cragar logo molded in.

They are definitely Cragar Protechs.

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
These Cragar wheels came on my 32 truck.

Based on the truck's history, I am guessing they were purchased in the mid to late 1980's.

I think they look like SST's or Super Tricks, but I can't find any pictures that exactly match these.

I expect to replace them eventually, but in the meantime I would like to know what they are.

Anyone recognize them?

They have an aluminum center and a steel outer rim.

Thanks!

Champ 500 comes to mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts