Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now. Years ago I could tell what kind of heads I had on a sbc by looking at the end of the head. I have a newer small block now. Can I still tell what kind of heads I have by the design on the front of the head?? Thanks.. Al

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, and no. I guess I will have to take a picture of it, and put it on that project journal page. I also see casting numbers on that thumb. Where would I find the casting number on the head?? Maybe that might help..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For right now. I don't want to take off the valve covers. I have been cleaning the engine today, and see that whoever worked on the engine used alot of RV Red on the valve covers, and also on the intake.. I just went out and took a couple of pictures of the head. Both the front, and rear have been machined, so that is why it looked a little odd. What it looks like from the back of the head is these numbers that were across from it. 462624, or 333882. are these stock heads?? Thanks.. Al

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those arn't the numbers on the heads.. I just said that it looked like the icon next to it. I will post the picture in my project journal later today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.