Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam in search of plans a used one - that will hold a 55 chevy.just the body. Can you shed any lite on who where and if i, can get this tool lined up . Getting jus a bit testy:cool: not having any "good luck." thank you for any pics or plans or ideas WHATEVER ! bob scharp thanks much

·
SPI Thug
3,274 Posts
bob i'll get some pics of mine. 1 1/2 tubing with 2x12's . easy to build. when i dont use it i remove the 2x12's , store them on top of booth and stand the frame up against the wall outside.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
I have a harbor freight trailer that I used to move a body around. Extended the reach about two feet and used one of the devices they have to pull a trailer around by hand. Worked out well as i had all that on hand.

Sam

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased A pile of 2" box tubing after i wasted 30.00 on wood The first time. just need some plans now, I bough 4 -5" castors for $2.00 each.Think they be good to go.I have a great Rotisserrie i built, Seems i am losing my touch somewhat,

Those flat dollies from HF aren't hi enough, The only reason i can;t use the roto-- is its to bulky. So i need A lower cart about 16" off the floor. So i can ...set in the kar and work on the dash etc, before mounting it to the frame. just plane old plans- using the front 2 body mounting holes and the two rear most body mounting holes, in this 55 i am working on. bob s thanks

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have decided i want to sell my 55 body cart, project. It has oneside attached waiting for welding. And ALL the other steel for the leftside. I'm getting to old and think i will just use my rotisserie- to paint the kar.$300.00 in steel, $150.00. Its brand new 2"wall enough for both sides. Castors included bob s

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts