Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help me im so frustrated i just put my engine back together after removing some part i wasnt happy with and i cannot get the engine started now.

ok for some background info it is a new engine less than 200 miles on it i had a set of procomp head on it with a 144 supercharger and i had either a upper cylinder sealing problem and i also had chewed up the lobes on the supercharger because my baby cousin like to play in the garage and i found one of them had put a washer in my blower well anyway i took the engine apart put new edelbrock heads and a brand new weiand 177 on top and after assembly i tried to start it and it just cranks!!!
i do have msd so i immediately checked spark i had no spark so i cleaned up my ground suface and now i have spark but the car still doesnt start. so i swapped the fuel filter and still nothing every once in a while i get a puff out of the carb not like i firing but like the mixture what pushed out the intake valve

could it be my timing?? when i installed the distributor i put the timing mark directly at 0 then dropped the distributor in pointing at #1 but wouldnt the car still start?

also i compression tested all the cylinder to see if i had done something bad again but they are all up at around 120 psi

could it be that i have spark when the plugs are grounded externally and when they go in the engine i am getting lean misfire?

please help pretty soon i am going to be forced to take the car off the insurance until it is really ready i dont wanna do that i have been building this car for a long time and i want it for the summer and it has been apart like 4 times

·
*** Please post solutions ***
124 Posts
Put your thumb over the #1 plug hole and rotate the motor til it blows your finger off. Bring the time mark to top dead center and then recheck under your cap to make certain you are on #1 (rotor aligned to the #1 plug). You are probably going to find you are out 180*. Make sure there is clean fresh gas in the carb, perhaps a shot of ether and it should/will fire right up.

Let us know how it goes!

Good Luck,

-=Fred=-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.