Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably would've done it except Les Schwab refuses to do so, of course they're not my favorite tire dealer, at all. If only I had a tire mounter

·
Registered
176 Posts
I heard of leaking aluminum wheels. Painting the inside cured the issue.
Early cast aluminum wheels were cast by traditional methods. I think modern wheels are centrifugally cast procucing a higher intregrity product.

I say I think they're centrifigfal castings. I don't know for sure. I don't know about the 9C stuff. That means Chinese stuff.

It only seems reasonable an American importers (should) would seek centrifugal casting foundries from over seas suppliers.

I have a pair of aftermarket 35 Ford style wire wheels. I bought'em used. The guy gave me radial inner tubes. I haven't used'em as yet.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Just a thought....The stem on an inner tube is probably not in the proper place to fit in the stem hole on an aluminum tubeless rim . If it does somehow fit, if anything happened it would be a liability issue for the tire co.

Later, mikey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.