Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

My 74 Vega horn won't work and I don't have a clue how to check for the problem.The factory steering wheel and button are still in place and when the button is pushed I can hear clicking from a small blue box(relay?) under the dash.The horn is a single wire hook-up and it's bolted to the core support

What should I look for now??

Hoonbash

·
Sloe Lurner
193 Posts
try this

On the back side of your gm horm you might find something like a adjustment screw. try turning it back and forth worked for me on a old chevy monza once.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

First, Pull the horn wire. Then run a jumper over to the battery..if it blows, the horn is good. If not, check the grounding for proper bonding, and adjustment or mud in the horn intake.

If the horn is good , go to the relay you heard clicking , with a meter , measure the # 30 and #87 pins for 12 volts..only one will have power..If it does, jump between the 30 and 87 pins, if the horn blows, replace the relay.

If you have no power at the 30 or 87 pins, track the wires back to their source current..(usually the regulator on an external, or the UN~switched buss on the fuse block) and repair as needed.

Doc :pimp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts