Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Capitol Bill from Eastern Iowa. I am 60 years old, so I have enjoyed participating in and observing the "old days" when the 60's muscle cars were new. My first car (brand new) was a 1969 Chevelle Malibu convertible with a 300 hp 350. It was stolen and destroyed in September of 1972 (wish I had that one back now?). My next car was a 1970 Old 442 convertible with a 455 and a 4 speed with a Hurst shifter and a leather interior(I wish I had that one back even more!). Most of my engine building has been with small block Chevys in the lower classes (hobby stock, B Modifieds and Pro Stocks) on the local dirt tracks around this area (Dubuque). My engines through the years have won 21 feature wins and 3 season Championships-not dominating by any means but at least we have done some winning. I have built about 55 small block chevysusing all the latest technologies including using roller rocker arms and roller camshafts in these engines. Milling heads, decking blocks, enlarging oil holes are all standard procedures as well as using oil restrictors. I am in the process of pputting together a 355 olds for my 87 Olds 442 which includes my adding restictors to the bottom end and enlaarging the drain back holes in the heads. Compression in that engine is about 9.9 to one. Hopefully it will run well on E-85 fuel? I joined this site to find information about using Buick430 heads on a 72-74 455 Block.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Welcome Bill. Best to ask your head question in the Engine forum. :welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts