Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my names Laen .im 28 i was working as a diesel mechanic until 8-25-08 i suffered a intense accident to my eye i lost over 80% vision in one eye.im just now trying to get some oil back in my blood im starting at home with a 1991 chevy caprice classic small block 305 t.b.i with cast heads & center bolt valve covers.due to changes in exhaust and over two hundred thousand miles on her i felt the injection system was acting poorly.i developed a coolant leak at the front of the intake manifold so i decided now was the time to make some changes.im going to swap the t.b.i for a carb.i could use some advice so feel free to check in on me thanks i plan to add more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Hi,
If this was my car I would just rebuild the engine, & either buy a new throttle body or rebuild the one you have (no doubt the later of the two)
change the cam, rebuild the heads & do a little porting to them, button it up & enjoy the ride.
Rich

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
richard

my only options were to convert to carb with the parts i had or just replace the gasket and bolt together the failing t.b.i system.my intake is on my carb is on distributor all is on besides fuel delivery its too late to port and rebuild but thanks for the advice

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
regulator

ok i see the link you gave me thanks that would save me some work and time when it comes to the fuel lines thanks i appreciate it.i preffer to bolt on a mechanical pump if possible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.