Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all Hot rod fans! My name is Miro and I wd like to share some of my car drawings with you :) I do draw cars since i was born. Now Im 22:welcome:
Drawings are fully done with graphite pencils only, no markers or stuff like that.

'60 Elcamino

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Miro, nice work! I am moving this to the art forum, we have a few talented guys like you and I am sure they would love to see your work.

·
Registered
691 Posts
You have outstanding control of your media! When I use colored pencils, I have to work rather large in order to get any real clarity and definition. How large are your originals?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have outstanding control of your media! When I use colored pencils, I have to work rather large in order to get any real clarity and definition. How large are your originals?
My originals above are 14x17 inches. but i also draw on 11x14. It also depends on what paper are you using. Please tell me the brand and kind? maybe that could be problem. Also what brand of pencis?

·
Registered
691 Posts
For finished drawings, I have been using 11 x 14 Strathmore 100lb Bristol Board, vellum finish. I loke the smoother finish, rather than the textured board. Also, I use Prismacolor soft lead pencils, along with some Chartpak markers, and even some pastels at times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Brickyardboy you are using very good tools. The result should be the same as mine, maybe if you could post some of your drawings too that wd help.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Most of my drawings are more "cartoonish" rather than completely representational, unlike my oil paintings, where I have much more control of the medium. Here's some pencil/marker drawings, with an oil painting (green car) as the last one.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all Hot rod fans! My name is Miro and I wd like to share some of my car drawings with you :) I do draw cars since i was born. Now Im 22:welcome:
Drawings are fully done with graphite pencils only, no markers or stuff like that.

'60 Elcamino

Always wished I had a talent for this, very nice!

·
Registered
29 Posts
amazing shading technique. you get both the rat rod look and the ultra glossy finishes. My daughter is an artist so I can relate to the time and dedication required and I can see real talent in your works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts