Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you do that? when i spray some primer and stuff i obviously would take up the new rims til kingdom come with all kinda of news paper but id just feel better having them taken off and safely in another room away from over spray and stuff....will it make any difference? i dont have my "original pieces of crap" anymore so im just thinking ahead on how i would probably swing this.....

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
I have done that before....you might want to tape up some plastic or something on the inside of your wheel well openings on your fenders to keep over spray off of everything up in there.

·
The Penny Pincher
1,951 Posts
I just cover my wheels with leaf size plastic bags.
Sometimes you have to slit them up the back a little
for large tires but they're cheap and I throw them away afterwards. :pimp:

·
Problem Child,Hard Case
1,773 Posts
Another nice aspect of using stands is that the air hose does not get hung on the tire when painting around the vehicle. Some use gal cans filled with concrete at the 4 corners. I use the trash bags too but I change them between paint stages as the product will dry and flake off.
It's also nice if you have a low vehicle and doing the rockers & well's.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Do not use newspaper to mask anything when painting a car, it will shed too much and will deposit fibers in your paint. Spend a little money and buy a roll of 3M masking film, about $35 and well worth it. It is antistatic and works far better than garbage bags.

Vince

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.