Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me give you the quick run down. First i drive a 66 mstang. Second, here is how it went down. Two days ago i noticed as i was driving my radio shut for a second than came back on. It did it again the next day. The difference in this time was when the radio came back on my car lost power for a split second. Here is the biggie while waiting for a left turn and a minute after another radio skip, my car completely shut off for about a minute. Please help, what could be the problem.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Ignition switch, starter wire/s would be where I would start my search. Start the car and giggle the keys in the ignition, if it dies or sputters, there's a good chance that's your problem. Double check all wire connetcions to your solenoid. Also check your coil wires.

Royce

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Well, the problem is you're driving a car around that's about 40 years old expecting original equipment to still do its job!

Gotta go through that car and give it a once-over man, or you can expect a lot of this kinda thing-

K

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check all neg earth (ground ) between eng chass body and any main pos fuses links,,, ya got a bad wire and probably one of those fat suckers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts