Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pair of 10s and an amp for free from a friend, and I'm not going to let them go to waste... so I'd like to install them in the back of my Jeep. I use my Jeep as a Jeep about once a month, so I need it to be easily removeable, and wondering if there's some sort of electrical quick disconnects available. I tried ebay and some other places, and all I can find are ones for electric golf carts. :drunk:

thanks,
matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
any custom audio shop should have what ur looking for but they are a little pricey. i did a similar install in an 86 s10 blazer in which i mounted the amp onto the speaker box and used a distribution block with a circut breaker switch for the power wire and a quick disconnect for the ground and remote. the wattage on the amplifier will affect the price and type of disconnects used. when i did mine i found what i needed at radioshack and it was cheaper than the local audio shop. u could possibley hardmount the amp to the side of the wall n the back and just do disconnects for the speaker wires

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc Here, :pimp:

Look into a Company Called : Anderson Power Poles..

They make all types of power buss systems for many applications. You will probably find what you need there..

Anderson Power Poles

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
17 Posts
hope this helps

dont know if you still need help on this subject but i am profesional stereo installer and i have figured out a pretty easy way of doing this. Since the RCA's are easily unplugalble i usually just leave them out but as far as the remote wire, ground and power wire i use quick disconects. i usually use insulated male and female spades for the remote wire and have found that a disconect for a wench system works great on power and ground wires. (just make sure you clamp the ends down real tight!!) you can usaully pick one up for 20 bucks or so. hope this helps! any questions feel free to pm me.

·
Automotive LTD Technition
53 Posts
i use my jeep as a jeep about 88% of the time, and i just drilled some holes through the floor in the back and bolted the boxes to the floor, or i suppose you could use two hood pins per box and make a bracket that'll come off of each side and put the pins through the brackets to hold them down (this is just a theory a friend of mine and myself were throwing around) but that was just one idea

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Are you sure they will handle 1500 to 2000 Watts? ...Thats about 70 to 140 amps.

That what the P.A. will pull under full Thump.(on most high power amps)

Doc :pimp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts