Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i'm in the car transport business, try these guys there good. we are a independent car transport company. we book from these guys there straight up. we have a single axle 99 frightliner with a 53' take three 3/4 car hauler. we run NC to Denver Co. then Denver Co. to Chicago then DC Norfolk Va. or Chicago to NC.

with origination and destination address i can give you a little better idea on price, butt transport door to door will be (ballpark) around 50 to 60 cents a mi. (if the car is inop you can add another $150) i can give you a couple good brokers, i would use McNutt Auto Transport, there not the cheapest but they take care of you. or do a search 4 auto transport.

i could put it on a national board and get transporter to transport it 4 ya, and save you some money by cutting out the broker and broker fees, butt we are a transporter not a broker, witch means we have no brokers license and no brokers bond. transport outfits are insured, butt if something happened to your vehicle during transport it's nice to have a broker involved to help you, make sure you get taken care of.

if you pick a broker cause there cheap, and just say there having money trouble or there just a shady outfit, and the broker don't pay the transporter, the transporter can come back on you (the shipper)and make you pay, even if you paid the broker. then to get it right you have to go after the brokers bond.

the safest way is to give the broker a deposit 4 the transport, and then give the transporter remaining amount of payment to the truck at delivery, then you know transporter is paid (the deposit you give the broker is there fee 4 setting up transport)

if you can get pictures of the front and back and sides when the car is on the trailer on both ends do ! you will sign a inspection sheet on both ends (pickup and delivery). check your vehicle over GOOD B4 SIGNING AT DELIVERY, things like your under carriage, driveshaft, exhaust, roof and hood, trunk, bumpers, make sure that mileage is written on inspection sheet at pickup b4 singing. once you sign this, it releases them from any liability or damages you might find later, don't let them hurry you on checking out you car at delivery.

I would inspect the vehicle b4 its unloaded if you can. f not do inspect it real good, the top/roof and undercarriage. if theres is any damage get pics b4 its backed off the trailer or asap after its unloaded, and by all means write any damage down on inspection report b4 signing.

if you have any other questions just ask.

B4 your car leaves on a truck get trucking co. info including ICC MCC #

McNut would be my 1st choice

<http://mcnutttransport.com/home/>
McNutt Auto Tran Svc
Broker
P.O. Box 207
Lowry City, MO 64763
Preferred Contact Method: Any
Main Phone: 800-755-2324
Local Phone: 417-644-2273
Fax Number: 417-644-2275
Email: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
Web Site: <http://mcnutttransport.com>

Reindeer Auto Reloc.
Broker

212 W. 10th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Preferred Contact Method: Phone

Main Phone: 800-428-0589
Local Phone: 317-299-2878
Fax Number: 317-299-3099
Hours:
Email: Click to Send Email to Reindeer Auto Reloc.
Web Site: <http://www.reindeerauto.com>

we sold our business in sept 06. 2days late with good commutation is not bad, I've heard of transporters being 2 weeks late with no communication. as a open car transporter we transported new and restored vehicles worth 100,000 dollars plus. I'm telling ya check them undercarriages. most brokers say they have more trucks than they do. thats why independent transporters transport them. we pulled a 53' 3/4 take 3 wedge and a 53' take 3 3/4 car stepdeck then a 48' 4 car wally mo trailer. the 4 car trailer had 3 on top and one in the belly. ours had a complete floor above the car in the belly. theres a lot of 4 and 5 and 7 and 9 car independent transporters that don't give a darn. when you pass em on the road look at how there tied down and how close the cars are together.

Mustangsaly

·
Car Audio Junky
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hell, I was just trying to get the truck to IN., but at what they want to haul the truck I will have them deliver it to the house. Thanks Mustangsaly you saved me about 12 hours of drive time. Thanks to you for the contact [email protected].

McNutt seems to be charging about .77 a mile. Is there another company that charges less?

Traverse City, MI. - Milwaukee, WI.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
yes, your paying for door to door servicer use it. but McNutt is a broker that will stick behind you if you write questions or damage on the condition report b4 signing it at delivery or pick up. or 2nd best option is report any damages in 30 days or less.

I can't stress enough to inspect good b4 signing

Reindeer Auto Reloc.
Broker

212 W. 10th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Preferred Contact Method: Phone

Main Phone: 800-428-0589
Local Phone: 317-299-2878
Fax Number: 317-299-3099
Hours:
Email: Click to Send Email to Reindeer Auto Reloc.
Web Site: http://www.reindeerauto.com

Able Auto
http://www.ableautotransport.com/

Toll Free:
(800) 340-0951
Local Number:
(660) 727-2965
Office Hours:
6 AM to MIDNIGHT M - F
8 AM to 10:30 PM SAT
NOON to 8:30 PM SUN
All times Central

Reindeer Auto Relocation
http://www.reindeerauto.com/
Phone: 800.428.0589 or 317.299.2878
Fax: 317.299.3099
Mailing Address: Reindeer Auto Relocation
212 W. 10th Street
Suite A-330
Indianapolis, IN 46202
E-mail: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
Customer Service: [email protected]
Accounting: [email protected]
International: [email protected]
Operations: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Weekends and Legal Holidays: 24-hour paging service

Diamond Express Transportation
4224 N Nevada Ave # A
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 593-7770

Mustangsaly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.