Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I'm trying to do is replace my v6 engine with a 350 carb engine. My 98 v6 camaro engine was blown due to too much nitrous. So I guess now is the perfect time for that V8 engine I always wanted. To get the 350 to fit what is involved. Also will the T5 transmission bolt up to it. Will the electric fuel pump need to be replaced for a mechanical one. Better yet is it better to get a 98-02 Ls1 engine instead. Can someone please let me know.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,303 Posts
I would personally do the LS1. To put an older small block in there, you're looking at completely different crossmember. I would bet a 97 LT1 crossmember would fit, and that would bolt up to an older small block as long as it has the alternate bosses drilled.

The T5 is a V6-only bellhousing. You could put a V8 bell on it, but don't expect it to last past one launch.

LS1/T56 combos aren't too expensive these days, and with the complete wiring harness everything should snap right in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.