Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up a 98 vortec engine to upgrade my Nova. I will be dropping it in pretty much stock with the exception of an intake & carb conversion. I'll be selling the car after enjoying it for a couple of months, so the goal is a low cost, attractive package. I'll be using a Pro Products polished Vortec intake. My question is what carb would match up well with the stock motor? 600 cfm? 750 cfm? I guess we could debate Edelbrock & Holley as well since I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Carb

If it were me I would get an Edelbrock RPM Performer intake and use a Edelbrock 600cfm carb. You can get both of these items very reasonable. Heck I would look on CraigsList for them and really save some money. I always carry a steel square in the trunk of my car so I can check to be sure the intake is not warped when buying used stuff. I see these on there all the time. Just be sure you do your homework before you search and purchase. If that is a Vortec motor you will need to look up the correct part number for the intake so you don't buy one that will not work as the Vortec heads are different. Never just take someones word for it. You should be able to pick up this combo for under $200.00 easy. Good Luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.