Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALright, I'll be honest, I'm new to the whole carb thing. I'm used to tuning using a palm/laptop for A/F and timing. So the 'simple' carb eludes me.

I know nothing more then it's a Holly. Here's a pic of it.

So, to start with, the car fell flat at anything more then half throttle, and reaked of unburned gas at idle. I checked the plug, and they were so fouled with carbon, I don't know how they fired. I swapped them out, and that seemed to help the idle a bit, but still had the same problem at half. So I adjusted the black knob on the side that had an arrow pointing Clock wise, to more lean. It seemed to do beter, and I got it so it feels pretty strong untill 50-60% and then stops acclerating altogether at %75 and up with some popping.

I assume it's lean, but I'm not sure what is the best way to go about this, and how much of a turn it takes to make a small change. So any help would be apprecated.

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Start with a rebuild, that thing looks real tired.

BTW you adjusted the choke, its tuned like any other Holley carb.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
I haven't seen a Holley front bowl like that. What is the List#?

The rich-lean adjustment is a small screw on the side of the front metering block.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
MI2600 said:
I haven't seen a Holley front bowl like that. What is the List#?

The rich-lean adjustment is a small screw on the side of the front metering block.
Where would the list # be? I'll look for that adjustment screw. I'll do a search now and give you what numbers are where.

The list # is 8060-1, and below that is stamped 0717. I'm searching for info on it now.

Okay, it's a 650 CFM carb. Not really sure how to tune it or deal with the specific issues I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts