Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Violating consensual reality
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carb issue: hesitation

Hello.
I have a '74 Dodge powered motor home. It's a 360 2v. The issue is bogging or hesitation from a dead stop. Not enough fuel going in.

The accelerator plunger was torn and I've replaced it and the fuel filter. Any suggestions on the next step how to eliminate the bog? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was the vehicle parked for a long time. Is this something new. Check the fuel filter if you haven't already. Maybe it is time to do a major tune up.
I just went through this with my Pontiac, and found that a new set of points along with wires condensor and plugs made a huge difference.

Vic

·
Violating consensual reality
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has:

A new fuel filter
New plugs (3 days ago gapped at .035)
Newer wires
New air filter
New cap and rotor (factory electronic ignition)

I've played with the accelerator adjustment arm but really no sign that I'm getting anywhere. It did sit for about a year but I've been driving it around a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when you replaced your accelerator pump did you clean up what you could of the carb? does it use vacum advance timing, or timing issue at all. i would probably rebuild carb if you had an issue with your accel. pump then other gaskets probably dried up also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.