Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I put up the tools against$300
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting in the living room floor tonight rebuilding Holley 850 on the wifes persian rug. (Glad shes at work) The good news is this is a swap meet $100 buy and it is practically brand new, didn't tear a single gasket when I took it apart. The bad news is it looks like crap. Whats the best way to clean this thing up. I know I can buy that carb paint that looks like zinc coating but I really wanted to know if there are any tips on how to clean this thing up with out removing the zinc coating thats on it. Never-dull, my first try, takes it off. Soap and water didn't do a dern thing. Please clue me in!!!

And yes I'm sure I need to be in the paint forum, but thought I'd try here first

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
I've had good luck with the good ol' bucket of carb and parts cleaner. Never took the finish off a Qjet. It does take a bit of elbow grease and a toothbrush but it works well after a good soak.

·
I put up the tools against$300
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the caswell replating kits. Kinda expensive to do just one. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Last summer I bought a float bowl at a swap meet and the vendor said it had been glass beaded/blasted if I remember correctly.It looked really good,just like a new one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts