Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a leak around the shaft for the secondary throttle plates. Fuel is dripping from both ends. any body have experience with this? The secondary float looks good. The idle transfer slot on the secondary side is covered up (none exposed). It’s a quick fuel slayer 750cfm carb. The little by long bushings that go around the shaft are present. Just not in the picture of the shaft.
I’ll attach some pictures to better understand.

·
More for Less Racer
20,192 Posts
Only place fuel can come from above the shaft is the boosters. Points to float level being too high.
Try dropping float level a hair.

The shaft isn't meant to "seal" it is just a slip fit.

Problem isn't in the baseplate assembly, it is somewhere above it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only place fuel can come from above the shaft is the boosters. Points to float level being too high.
Try dropping float level a hair.

The shaft isn't meant to "seal" it is just a slip fit.

Problem isn't in the baseplate assembly, it is somewhere above it.
ok. I’ll try to lower the float some. It looked like it was centered pretty good.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
One other place fuel can come from as well is the main body to base plate gasket but in most situations it will leak on the sides and also on the inside as well at both times if its not sealing but its rare for that to fail and most of the time like stated above it is either, one too much fuel pressure, you want only about 6 psi max or it will flood, two the float level is too high and or your needle and seat are sticking and sometimes on the more rarer occasion the needle and seat can be fine but the o ring on the needle and seat can not seal and allow fuel to go by and flood the carb fuel bowl and let fuel poor out the boosters.

I have a fuel pressure regulator and I have mine set at 5.5 psi and that is more then enough for a carb to run well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts