Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting my rebult 79 Chevy Q-Jet on my 69 Buck 430....anyone know of any issues I'm looking at? I know the linkage is a bit different but doesn't seem to be an issue. Are there any others that I'm not seeing?

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
not realy other than if the fuel line can be made to route and not run into anything

and if any of the vacuum pull-off valves dont hit anything especially the one on the rear, if so equipped.

it have electric or hot air vacuum choke?( big aluminum round choke housing)

or the spring and rod divorce style?(no choke housing)

choke might bt eh biggest issue, but not if its round choke housing type in which can be easily converted to OEM electric from an electric choke carb

if not already been done

dont forget pvc hose is the 3/8" diameter nipple under the center of the front of the cabr in the baseplate throttle valve assembly

and no need to worry about the other one in the airhorn on driver side at top in front

can leave it open and nothing plugged on it its just the bowl fumes vent

on later vehicles this connected to charcoal canister in which the 69 may or may not have one of

good luck

·
HR VIOLATION
159 Posts
jrm123180 said:
I'm thinking of putting my rebult 79 Chevy Q-Jet on my 69 Buck 430....anyone know of any issues I'm looking at? I know the linkage is a bit different but doesn't seem to be an issue. Are there any others that I'm not seeing?
those q jets are notorious for having problems. They don't call them quadrajunks for nothing :) hopefully the person who "rebuilt" it has a lot of experience. If you are unsure, I would steer clear...

·
A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
older guy with a GREAT reputation rebuilt it and have been using it on my pick up for a few years with NO problems...the carb is in great shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.