Hot Rod Forum banner

Carb to a TBI Chevy manifold.

167 4
I have been looking for some time now for an adapter to fit a Rochester 2gc or an Autolite 2100 series carb to a SBC TBI intake manifold. I have found many TBI injection unit adapters for a carb intake but not the other way around. I would think someone makes one. Anyone have insight to this type of adapter?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,075 Posts

But it doesn’t seem like this would be all that hard to make from a chunk of 1/4 to 3/8 aluminum plate with hand tools.

Bogie

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it seems reasonably priced for an adaptor. Reason I brought this subject up is that I have a few SBC TBI and also 4.3 TBI intakes laying around. No sense is throwing them away when I could use a carb on a stock engine.

·
Administrator
10,384 Posts
I machined a chunk of aluminum 3/4 inch thick. For a 4.3 chevy V6 test mule engine. I bolted a holley 2300 series 2 barrel carb on to the TBI manifold.

·
Registered
16,075 Posts
Thanks, it seems reasonably priced for an adaptor. Reason I brought this subject up is that I have a few SBC TBI and also 4.3 TBI intakes laying around. No sense is throwing them away when I could use a carb on a stock engine.

It’s like everything is expensive these days wars in critical places do that. USSR (Russia) being a petrol supplier and Ukraine a very major cereal grain supplier with markets to profiteers being what they are. Shaky nerves and profitable opportunities hammer prices pretty bad especially when the combatants are primary resource and commodity suppliers to the world.

So this leans into the old Ben Franklin quote of “waste not, want not”.

Bogie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts