Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my carb on my 67 stang is acting up on me and is making a sucking/slurging noise and i read in a post that it could be that my idle passeges and blocked. its a 1brl carb and was wondering how i could fix this problem.

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Well, if you read the other thread, try reving engine and stuffing your hand (do not use a rag) over the airhorn for a couple of seconds. What this does is instantly divert the carb vacuum through the idle circuit, most likely pulling any blockage out.

On the other hand, with so little info., you may need a rebuild. How many miles, how many miles since a tune-up, what modifications, etc...?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the carb was rebuilt about 6-8 months and used for about 3 months in total so far. The car had a tune up about 6 months ago and havent used it since so im gonna do a tune up this week. The car itself has 93,000 miles on it and have no clue if the motor was rebuilt i know that its original since all the numbers match on the car. Its a 200 size engine with a c4 tranny.

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Replace all filters (includind the sock in the tank), blow out the lines and give it a complete tune-up. Run a little name brand carb cleaner in with some fresh fuel (I use Gunk brand). let us know what that does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts