Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a clean rebuilt carter afb carb that was original equipment on (I think) a 1967 lincoln 462 engine. The carb looks similar to a regular aftermarket afb/edelbrock with the only difference being an idle air bleed screw and a funny choke assembly. I'm building a 383 stroker with vortec heads, will this carb work? Does anyone know if the metering rods and jets are interchangeable with the modern edelbrock line?

Russel

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
fiscus said:
I have the opportunity to buy a clean rebuilt carter afb carb that was original equipment on (I think) a 1967 lincoln 462 engine. The carb looks similar to a regular aftermarket afb/edelbrock with the only difference being an idle air bleed screw and a funny choke assembly. I'm building a 383 stroker with vortec heads, will this carb work? Does anyone know if the metering rods and jets are interchangeable with the modern edelbrock line?

Russel
The EDELBROCK is basically a copy of the CARTER AFB. Rods and jets are interchangeable.

(Click on the second thumbnail to expand it)

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting that!

I ended up getting an edelbrock carb because I found a great deal on one with an electric choke and a calibration kit (3 sets or rods jets and springs!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.