Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know Where The Casting #'s Location Would Be On Sbf Ford Heads? They Are Off Of A '86
5.0 Mustang. Intrested In Finding Out Cc And Runner Info.the Only Info I' Ve Located Is E6se Under The Runners And C627 Inside The Valvetrain Area. Thanks! :d

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Does Anyone Know Where The Casting #'s Location Would Be On Sbf Ford Heads? They Are Off Of A '86
5.0 Mustang. Intrested In Finding Out Cc And Runner Info.the Only Info I' Ve Located Is E6se Under The Runners And C627 Inside The Valvetrain Area. Thanks! :d
Correct

E6SE Means
E = 80s decade B= 50s C = 60s D = 70s F= 90s
6 = means 6 th year
S = thunderbird T= truck A= big car Galaxie O= Fairlane Z = performance engineering
E = engine

often there are cast letters like AA or AB etc. that are running production changes/ cast under another runner

C627 is a casting date

C = March A= Jan, B= Feb etc. // no "I" used by Ford ever
6 = 6 th year (86)
27 = day of month

These are the less desirable heads. 86 Mustang was a unique engine.
E7TE used from 87-93 are the "better" heads, but for power in reality these are no better than the old 289 heads. Same ports and valves.

FYI the 93 Cobra GT-40 iron heads are just upgraded 69-74 Windsor heads with late model rocker arms, hard valve seats, small spark plugs. Same ports and valve sizes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts