car high idling after hearing a weird noise

Please help me i have no clue what i did to this thing
here some background info
sbc 350
edelbrock rpm heads
488 cam
177 weiand blower
holley 750 dp with manifold reference power valve

ok heres what happened i took my car out for a cruise and i wanted to see what the car could do so i gave it everything it had i made a little boost and then i heard the car make a huge pop not like a backfire but like a big release of pressure i pulled over and saw that my vacuum line to my power valve blew off and my pcv valve blew out of the valve cover i put them both back in and drove the car to my friends house the whole time it high idled and it almost sounded like the gas peddle what stuck down it wasnt but i ran like that if i hit the gas at all it would reach a higher rpm and then say at that rpm and sit ther it would come back down on it own just by letting off the gas so i drove it home and the same things were happening and when i parked the car almost simultaneously as i shut the car down it backfired a flame from the exhaust

i'm stumped i am going to test my power valve today but other wise i am pretty much shot here what would make the engine decide on its own what it wants to do internal fuel leak in the carb? i.e. power valve?

·
Registered
472 Posts
High idle

You have a vacuum leak look for a cap missing from carb or manifold. It may have came off with the back fire. This thing is either lean ,too hot sparkplugs or fuel problems.Fix the backfire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.