Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know where to find some good stock looking cd players for old chevys? i have a 65 nova i want to put a cd changer in, but i want it to look like the original, and i can't seem to find anything.

·
Registered
676 Posts
HEY NIA:
I put a remote 12 channel CD player in the trunk of my street rod. Powers through existing radio and all you have is a small control panel that works with a remote so that you could install under the dash out of sight. I bought it from Crutchfield over their web site. Works well and I am happy with setup....DAVE

·
Are we having fun yet?
213 Posts
I did the same thing as Dave . Bought a JVC 12 disc changer from Crutchfield for my 67 Mustang and it works great.

Norm.

Heres a little tip....I was putting a towel over the changer to keep the dust out, but it kept sliding off. Sooooooooo my wife says wait a minute. She came back with a TOASTER cover (she likes cats so it has cats on it) and it fits great. Try it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cd player

Keep in mind that the units I am talking about are brand new head units that have 50x4 power and they sound great. Playing thru the original radio is not an option on some cars. You must have a FM radio to use this kind of changer and some old cars only have an AM. Also alot of old cars only had the one speaker in the dash. If you plan to only run one or two speakers then that is the way to go. But if you want 4 speakers you need to contact Custom Autosound and they will give you a head unit that looks near original but has all the features of a new unit like Balance, Fader, Bass, trebel, and Pre-amp outputs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jvc it is

i went ahead and bought a jvc 12 disc cd changer, hooks up to the stereo that's already in the car, and has the little receiver i can mount anywhere. awesome advice. haven't got the box yet, but i have faith it be just what i wanted.

in my '70 nova i have a cd changer, but somebody cut out the faceplate for the original stereo before i ever got ahold of the car, so i just put a cassette deck/changer in it. also jvc, which works perfectly.

thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.