Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of REALLY NICE shop setups in the "garage" posts,. I'm considering installing a central vac system and piping around my shed. Kinda like air-lines... inlet connectors every 20 Ft or so. Have any of you guys installed this type of vacuum system and if so, where did you get the pieces. I see corregated 4" (drain) pipe very cheap and long pool-vacuum hoses all over the place and got to thinking about it. I was wondering about the connectors. A vacuum drop by the bench would certainly make it easier for cleanup, and I live in the "sandhills" of N. Central Fla. so the floor is ALWAYS sandy. I think I'd rather suck up the dirt than push it out the door only to have it blow in again. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
49 T&C

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Shop vac systems

Actually these are quite common in wood working shops..you might look for on of the types that are used in homes as that coudl work for you..

Rigid even has the pieces for its large industrial vacs to do the piping..

I did a google search on "industrial vacuum cleaners and got 236.000 hits so I will let you go sort out just what you need..

you will need a vacuum with a lot of power and the fittings for it that are specialized for this app..

good cleaning..!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got a 33 gal Wet/Dry sitting in the corner. A smaller wet/dry that gets more use or I was going to hook up a big squirrell cage fan - that oughtta suck! I worked at a cabinet shop (in my mis-spent youth) and am familiar with dust collection systems. I'm kind of on a cheap budget and was trying to get a feel for what you guys recommend.

Thanks,
49 T&C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.