Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I brought my parts car in to my shop to start stripping some of the parts off that I'm going to need on my 1923 ratrod T-bucket. With all the major part lying around on the floor, a very good friend of mine came by to see how I was making out and couldn't beleave his eyes, I was ripping a part a 1947 Ford coupe that I thought was in pretty bad shape. I didn,t think to look at the speedo but buddy did. Thats right 27,000 miles on it, it was rolled and most of the glass was out of it, cloth interior gone and the usual crap from sitting, but looking past that the floor and most all panels looked good, just the roof was flatened and a couple easy to remove dents. So now my donar car is my project car. That wright who needs a roof anyway when you're building a ratrod. My question is I have 2 of these coupes one has a shorter door and the one I am working on has a lot longer door, what do I call them? Seems every one I talk to has a differant name for them. The shorter Door car is way cooler but totally complete. I think that the roadster that I'm about to build is going the be quite a driver. If anyone has any differant ideas about ratrodding my coupe now would be a good time to here them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
38 Chev said:
Well, I brought my parts car in to my shop to start stripping some of the parts off that I'm going to need on my 1923 ratrod T-bucket. With all the major part lying around on the floor, a very good friend of mine came by to see how I was making out and couldn't beleave his eyes, I was ripping a part a 1947 Ford coupe that I thought was in pretty bad shape. I didn,t think to look at the speedo but buddy did. Thats right 27,000 miles on it, it was rolled and most of the glass was out of it, cloth interior gone and the usual crap from sitting, but looking past that the floor and most all panels looked good, just the roof was flatened and a couple easy to remove dents. So now my donar car is my project car. That wright who needs a roof anyway when you're building a ratrod. My question is I have 2 of these coupes one has a shorter door and the one I am working on has a lot longer door, what do I call them? Seems every one I talk to has a differant name for them. The shorter Door car is way cooler but totally complete. I think that the roadster that I'm about to build is going the be quite a driver. If anyone has any differant ideas about ratrodding my coupe now would be a good time to here them.

How about some pictures to compare and ponder your questions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.