Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am going to change my 1970 Monte Carlo from a 2 Barrel Car To 4 Barrel. It's an original 350 car with original turbo 400. I have already purchased the following:

Edelbrock Performer Manifold
Petronix HEI
625 Road Demon Carb
Manifold Gasket

I have no problem installing all of the hardware but I have always had 4 speed cars and don't know much about hooking it up with the automatic. The kick down and all. It is running a turbo 400. What exactly will I need to make this work and an I missing anything. Do I need other brackets, etc. If any of you have detailed pictures that would help also. My goal is to make it a driver and more reliable over the 37 year old 2 barrel system. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. My e-mail is [email protected]. I am in Maryland.
Thanks
Dave

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Usually it's odd to find a TH400 behind a 2 bbl. 350 but probably not that uncommon in a 1st gen Monte. If it's truly a factory TH400 car then your kick down is already hooked up, it's a switch on the accelerator linkage inside the car, the TH400 uses a solenoid to activate the kickdown. Same switch cowl induction cars used to open the flapper doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.