Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jag rear end bolt circle is same as chevy, 5 on 4 3/4, but my Truspoke wire wheels were 5 on 5. I got a hold of Hells Gate hotrods in Viola, Idaho (hellsgatehotrods.com).

I purchased their drill guide to change the pattern. Shipping was fast and started setting up the guide for drilling. The Truspoke
wheels use shouldered lug nuts and the new 5 on 5 worked as advertised. A few pictures of the drill guide and project.

Great product and on a Jag rear the wheel guide is a lot faster than a outer hub tear down.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That drill guide will bolt up to 4.5, 4.75, and 5.5 pattern with drill guides set at 5x5. All drilling done while axle still on the car.
If I had not already owned the spoke wheels I would have left the chevy pattern alone, front and rear.

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
.I am curious why you welded shut the old stud holes?? Or is that an optical illusion for me??

Could have just left them empty, and available for future re-use and wheel interchange options.
A lot of the performance axle shafts come with 2 or 3 sets of patterns all drilled in the flange. You just pick the set you want to use when you put the lug studs in.

Or are those the cut off old studs ground flush??

I can't tell looking at the finished hub photo..?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The drivers side was missing a stud. The parts stores don't list wheel studs for a Jag rear. The stock studs are pressed and
flared with six crush marks on the head. I used a cutoff wheel and cut them off at the flange. It would require a full outer hub carrier tear down to remove the outer flange. If I did a tear down I wouldn't need the drill jig. Would have used the Bridgeport mill to drill the holes. If I ever wanted to go back to 4.75" I would have to do mucho work on both sides.
There is also a dust shield right behind the flange which would be in the way for the removal of the jag studs when using the drill guide.
All wheels are on and getting ready to make motor mounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.