Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so here goes. I am trying to find some info on building a roadster, say a circa 1932 using a modern chassis,a ford ranger. is something like this possible?

·
... & Insanity Ensues .....
933 Posts
to build a car using a late model frame, you realy have to be building a full fendered vehical,

any of the cars that came before the "fat fender" models are quite short on available space, and to use a truck frame under one would rquire you to severely narrow the frame

youll notice that pretty much any of the early cars that you can build "fenderless" narrow down to 2 feet wide or less at the front, where as a full size frame is more like 3 feet wide or more

considering your entire front cross member, engine mounts , suspension mounts, steering system and such are all mounted to a 3 foot wide frame .. they would each have to be modified in their own ways to come down to the 2 foot width

its just asking for trouble , frame swaps like this are only done on vehicals w/ enough width so that heavy redesigning isnt needed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guess I am looking for an easy way into the hobby. I have started to do my home work and have a better idea of what is involved. I appreciate the knowledge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts