Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a set of those cheap car dollies? menards has em on sale here for about $35.00 set = $70.00 for 4. the castors on them look kinda cheesy..but i guess you could always upgrade them on your own. ive looked at a couple of different companys product and you can spend about as much as you want on this type of thing..but they all do the same thing=let me push my car around..

anybody like/dislike these cheap ones??

i think eastwood used to sell these..but the new catalog only has the 'gojack' model and that costs WAY too much money.

thanks.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I have several sets of different kinds. The first ones I got were the go jacks, mainly to move my show car around at indoor shows when setting it in the display. Then I got a set of real low slung ones with a hard rubber rolling area, but they were to narrow and would flip out from under the tire, and would get flat spots after setting for awhile $150.00 wasted. Then I bought a set of the real wide ones with steel casters $75.00 retail for four. I now have several sets of them and that is all I use in the shop. The main thing when using them is to keep the floor as clean as possible.

Troy

·
Registered
654 Posts
Years ago I purchased furniture moving dollies ( 1ft square, heavy casters, 2 in. thick wood) for $5.00 each. They have worked extremely well with various projects over the years. Guess you don't have to spend a lot of money to get something that will work.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I purchased a set from Harbor Freight. My 34 Streetrod with a weight of around 2500lb is fairly easy to move around on them. When I place my full sized Chevy truck on them it takes two people to move it. The casters are steel, but have bushings instead of roller bearings on the axle. If they had roller bearings on the axles they would move much better.

Vince

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Just bought a set the other day From Tractor Sales. Made in China at $49 a pair. Steel wheels and seems to be heavy gage steel. Satisfied so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts