Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have been at this a while I have a question. You can buy a cutoff tool for $15 or $100. For those who started at $15 then moved up...Did you notice a significant improvement in performance?

Many ads for cutoff tools don't mention horsepower. Some must have more than others. I bought a cheap Sears one at Ebay..Gets the job done eventually. I run out of air after a minute but that's not the tools fault. I do wish it had more power for the minute it did run.

Keith

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
If your using a cutoff tool a lot there really is a big difference.
I have four of them and one is a Rodac that I bought back in 70's at that time Rodac was the best you could get. Its still a great tool
but as deals came along I purchased a couple of others and OK but not so good (cheaper ones) A couple of years ago bought a Dynabrade cost around $250.
The main difference is if cutting a large fiberglass or sheet metal panel the Rodac and the Dyabrade will not come to a stop or bind up.
For here or there work go with a low or medium cost of course if your doing it for a living spend the money as time is money.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Barry,

Just came from the Southern Polyurethane site to bone up on the products. Enjoyed the article about the perfect paint job. Up to now you've seemed very knowledgeable about their products..I see why now...I'm about a month or two away(I think) from epoxy primer...I'll be trying Southerns products..

Thanks for the Cutoff info

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts